Friday, June 13, 2014

Step 5 : Wall Decor


Serena Thrift Diving's 

30 day June 2014 room challenge


Fifth step : Wall Decor


I have been thinking about what to put on my walls over the sofa in my bedroom. I wanted to bring in two of my own artwork. At first I thought that I wanted to make two new painting but then I realized that I already had made the perfect artwork but they are hanging in my dinning room.

The symbolic in these paintings are incredible. Two half elephants that makes a beautiful hole elephant. Even though they have different background they seem like they are a perfect fit. And despite the fact they were made years apart they seems like they have destined to be together. Just like my husband and I :-)

I painted the red half elephant in 2009 and the green half in 2012 :-) When I hang them in my bedroom The gap between the paintings has  to be smaller as too big a gap between things can symbolize a distance in your relationship.



1 comment:

  1. I love them! What a great concept! You're very talented. And I like the idea of using things from other parts of the house to decorate. Very thrifty idea!

    ReplyDelete